A few things have happened recently that have made me realise I’m getting older. See if you recognise any of these too….
Signs you may be Past Your Prime:
1. People more than a decade younger than you complain that they are getting old.
2. You get excited when you realise you have absolutely no plans for the next weekend.
3. You have to put your glasses on to pluck a hair out… of your chin!
4. People remake your favourite TV shows, films and music (and you are sure they are not as good you the original)
5. You make clothing decisions insisting, this is comfy AND stylish.
6. You talk to colleagues about really famous bands from your party days and they say ‘who’s that?’.
7. You wonder why someone asks “Are you OK?” when you stand up, and realise you groaned and put your hand on your back. But you’re not even in pain.
8. Someone suggests you get involved in a roller blading party for kids, and you mentally scan your calendar to think what you’d miss if you ended up in plaster (or if a broken limb could be the perfect way to get out of something you don’t want to do).
9. You have finally learned that you have a drinking limit, and it’s possible to stop before you get totally shit-faced. (Who knew?)
10. Within an hour of getting up you’re already thinking about what time you can go to bed.