I’ve decided to make a big change – to have a ‘Positive Mindset’ as the books say. I will visualise ‘the me I want to be’.
Hell, I can have it all, I can find that work / life balance, and I can be That Woman.
My new Balanced Woman Resolutions…
- I will work my designated hours, nothing more, and I will mentally switch off and stop thinking about work in the evenings and weekends
- I will spend more time phoning or making plans to see my family and friends and less time making hilarious quips on Facebook to people I hardly know
- I will keep a tidy house, and I will complete DIY tasks the same week as I start them rather than a year later
- I will eat only healthy food, be ‘drink aware’ and take up yoga, so I can show off my new body balancing skills as well as my happily balanced life skills. I will not quit after 3 classes.
- I will go to a personal shopper in an expensive department store and ask them to find my true, inner style-goddess who has been hiding under ‘jeans and a top’ for the best part of a decade
- I will make myself presentable by actually washing/ styling my hair and putting make-up on before the school run instead of praying for rain so that I put my hood up and my head down and not scare anyone with my tangled, Medusa style mop
- I will be socially organised and remember significant dates for the people I love. I will even buy birthday cards and presents way in advance instead of running to Tesco two hours before a party to see which box of chocolates / kids toy looks least like it came from a supermarket
- AND I will recycle everything, actually use that compost bin, be a good neighbour, join the PTA and perhaps volunteer to organise a community event, and.. and… and spend quality time with our cats.
FUCK THAT unachievable dream. I’ll be the same unbalanced mess I always am, winging it everyday and enjoying the chaos. On the rare occasions I get any one of those things ‘right’ I will celebrate those moments as exactly that – a lovely moment. But a woman (or man) that’s perfect all the time is only found in Disney films.
Viva la Unbalanced Life!
(Ooh I really must learn to speak another language too)
#UnbalancedLife #Worklifebalance #Aprilfool